Elliot, J. (2013, March) Drilling Deeper: The Wealth of Business Connections for Obama’s Energy Pick Propublica, http://www.propublica.org/article/wealth-of-business-connections-ernest-moniz
[Paraphrasing] Majia here: This article analyzes potential conflicts of interest for President Obama's nomination for Energy Secretary, Ernest Moniz. Moniz was described by the administration as a "'brilliant scientist' who, among his many talents, had effectively brought together 'prominent thinkers and energy companies'....”
ProPublica analyzes Moniz's 'collaborative work' as captured in his industry-backed research.
[excerpted] "What criticism there has been has focused on his support for nuclear power and for natural gas extracted through fracking as a “bridge fuel” to transition away from coal.
Here’s what we know about Moniz’s recent involvement with the energy industry:
- on BP’s Technology Advisory Council (2005 - 2011)
- sat on the strategic advisory council of USEC, a public company that provides enriched uranium to nuclear power plants....(2002-2004
- on board of ICF International, a Fairfax, Virginia-based energy and environmental consulting company.
- on strategic advisory council of NGP Energy Technology Partners, "a private equity firm that invests in both alternative energy and fossil fuel companies."
- on the board of advisers of another private equity firm, the Angeleno Group
- trustee of the King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center (KAPSARC), "a Saudi Aramco-backed nonprofit organization.''
- on the board of directors of the Electric Power Research Institute from 2007 to 2011
- Since 2006, Moniz has been on the board of General Electric’s “ecomagination” advisory board which advises the company on “critical environmental and business issues.” The company did not respond to inquiries about compensation.
What ProPublica has provided is more confirmation that the Obama administration is ANTI-DEMOCRATIC because it is enslaved by the corporations (or, alternatively, Obama is a Manchurian candidate).