Japan is heading fast down the slippery slope of fascism:
1. In 2014 a new state secrets law went into effect that criminalizes revelations of state secrets even if the information disclosed has not formally been designated as a state secret
2. LDP's Abe pushed to eliminate social science and humanities programs from Japanese universities by cutting funding, thereby eliminating academic professionals whose job it is to study social dynamics. Presumably this move makes society less reflexive and more easily controlled.
3. LDP has pushed to revise history, including denying the enslavement of comfort women during World War II, provoking outrage all over Asia.
4. The LDP is aggressively pushing for re-starting of nuclear plants, including those located on faults and located near active volcanoes, despite widespread opposition in Japan. The LDP is also promoting use of MOX fuel in reactors despite unit 3's cataclysmic explosion.
5. The LDP has aggressively pushed through legislation that changes interpretation of Japan's post-World War II constitution, allowing the country to participate in overseas military operations with the US. This move has been very unpopular and resistance has been great.
6. Most recently, the LDP has perfected the art of obscuring transparency by destroying, or failing to record at all, deliberations on changes to the constitution:
Legislation bureau asked to review documentation on Constitutional reinterpretation http://mainichi.jp/english/english/newsselect/news/20151002p2a00m0na018000c.htmlI do not doubt the US is playing an important role in promoting these fascistic moves (except for the comfort women issue, which is probably a gigantic headache for the US)
A nonprofit organization has made a written request to the director-general of the Cabinet Legislation Bureau to review its documentation process, following earlier revelations that the bureau left no official record of its deliberations on the government's reinterpretation of Japan's war-renouncing Constitution.
Japan's Open Society in Crisis http://majiasblog.blogspot.com/2015/06/japans-open-society-in-crisis.html
New Cold War Update http://majiasblog.blogspot.com/2015/09/new-cold-war-2015-update.html
State Secrets Law Goes into Effect http://majiasblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/japans-state-secrets-law-goes-into.html
Japanese scholars combat LDP changes: http://majiasblog.blogspot.com/2015/09/japanese-scholars-combat-ldp-changes-to.html
LDP promotes MOX http://majiasblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/japans-ldps-mox-fuel-agenda-while-unit.html